Broiler poultry farming. Generally highly meat productive birds or poultry breeds are called broiler poultry. But broiler chicken is a special species of poultry, which is a great secret. Only four countries of the world knows about this secret and they supply and maintain all the demand of broiler chickens. Broilers are like other common poultry birds. But this broiler is made in a scientific way for producing more meat in a short time. Basically, broilers are only for meat production.
Selecting Broiler for Business
There are many breeds of broiler. Before selecting broilers for business the farmer have to maintain some process. Those important steps are described below.
- The broiler chick of one day should weight between 36 to 40 grams.
- It is found that if the baby chick of one day old become good weight then it will give great return when you will sell them.
- To get more and affordable benefits from broiler poultry farming the farmer should select the good and high productive breeds for business.
- As broiler convert food to meat so provide them high quality food.
- The farmer have to ensure high ratio of protein and calorie in broiler chicken food.
- For the chicken of 0-6 weeks the food should contain 22.24% protein and 2900-3000 metabolic heat.
- Among the amino acid, lycine and methionine is very essential and important in broiler poultry food. Because this acids helps to enhance chicken health, and help to convert food to meat.
- In broiler food the ratio of fiber should not more than 6 percent.
- Vitamin A, B2, D3, B12 and K is an extensive requirements to broiler food.
- Potassium, Iodine, Manganese sulphate and Zinc carbonate should mixed well separately and feed the chicken.
- A little amount of disinfectant should mixed in broiler food and this will keep the chick free from diseases.
The broiler house should placed east-west direction. Ventilation system must be well accompanied. The regular distance from one house to another house will be 11-12 meters (35-40 feet). The house should cleaned well before bringing the chick to the farm. The insects like lice, mosquito, etuli should run off with blow lamp. Heating system of the space of baby chicken should observed well 48 hours before the chick reach the farm. The temperature of the house should 350°. 7 squire inch of space per chick is required. Always keep a moderate number of chick, it will keep the chicken healthy.